Friday, April 4, 2014

Daily Thoughts 04/04/2014

94 Degrees In the Shade, Sir Lawrence Alma Tadema, 1876

Daily Thoughts 04/04/2014

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I read a little bit more of The Heathen School.  There are brief interludes where John Demos visits and describes the different settings in the book in modern times. I am reading about how some of the Hawaiians who have finished their missionary training are sent back to their native villages to proselytize.  The interesting thing in this book is that the author describes how things don't always work out.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I also spent some time talking to a colleague about a grant.

The computer lab is open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today.

I spent some time writing my single page monthly report and gathered some statistics for the month as well.  I also did a rough draft for a piece in a newsletter.

They are putting in some new wireless hot spots so that the building is better covered.


Web Bits

Ryan’s Proposed 2015 Budget Would Eliminate IMLS

Materials Shift

Older Adults and Technology Use
http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/04/03/older-adults-and-technology-use/

No comments: