Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Daily Thoughts 04/08/2014

Chinese Sage Reading While Riding on a Buffalo, 1820

Daily Thoughts 04/08/2014

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked out the book, Smarter The New Science of Building Brain Power by Dan Hurley.

I checked the displays, flyers, and the gift books.  A colleague is putting in a display of autism books.  April is National Autism Awareness month.  I spent a little time working on a grant today.

I read the latest New York Times Book Review and put the book, Thrive by Arianna Huffington on hold.  I also did a little bit more work with oversize books.

The computer lab was open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today.  There were also two computer classes tonight, a Beginning Microsoft Word class and a Fundamentals of Computer Operations class.

On the way home, I started reading Smarter.   The author is describing research on how to improve short term memory and attention.  This is supposed to help improve fluid intelligence. 

Web Bits

Learning to Code All it Takes is a Library Card
http://www.nooga.com/166141/learning-to-code-all-it-takes-is-a-library-card/#

No comments: