Monday, April 14, 2014

Daily Thoughts 04/14/2014

A Philosopher in Meditation, Rembrandt, 1632

Daily Thoughts 04/14/2014

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library. I also read a little bit of Michelle Style Celebrating the First Lady of Fashion by Mandi Norwood.  It is not something I usually read.  It is about Michelle Obama as a fashion icon.  I never really thought of politics this way.  There is a lot about brooches, sheathe dresses, belts, and shoes.  The books write about this as being perfectly natural.  However, when I was looking through the photographs in Michelle Obama an American Story, there is a picture of Michelle practicing dance.  The book discussion on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. is to read a book about Michelle Obama.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I also placed an order for new books focusing on bestsellers.

I shut down my Twitter account attached to this blog.  I am focusing mainly on the library twitter account now.

I checked out the book, Success Through Stillness Meditation Made Simple by Russell Simmons with Chris Morrow.

2014 Facts and Figures About the Library Budget and Trustees Vote
http://mtvernon.fundourlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/MVPL-2014-Vote-Facts-and-Figures.pdf

On the way home, I finished reading Michelle Style.  Michelle Obama exercises three times a week for 90 minutes each session doing a combination of cardio and strength training.  She also studied dance all through high school.  She is very fit.  There was a long list of designers in the back of the book. Each chapter had style tips.

I also read a little bit more of Smarter.

Web Bits

Libraries are Dying? Think Again
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/14/travel/irpt-library-fascination-travel/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_travel+%28RSS%3A+Travel%29

No comments: