Thursday, July 3, 2014

Daily Thoughts 07/03/2014



Daily Thoughts 07/03/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I have been reading more of The Zero Marginal Cost Society by Jeremy Rifkin.  The book is describing the rise of modern capitalism from feudalism to mercantilism to capitalism.  I am rather enjoying the description of how the steam powered press and the railroads helped create the top down hierarchical modern corporation.

I read some more of A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James.  I rather like some of the descriptions of the rude boys and the Jamaican gangsters.  The names are interesting; Josey Wales, Papa Lo, and Weeper.  Josey Wales is a reference to the Clint Eastwood film, the Outlaw Josey Wales.  Clint Eastwood is very popular in Jamaica. Ska and reggae take some of their inspiration from spaghetti westerns.

I am starting to watch Lynda.com for the training videos.

Web Bits



Five Laws of Library Science Infographic

No comments: