Monday, July 21, 2014

Daily Thoughts 07/21/2014

By the River, John Singer Sargent, 1885

Daily Thoughts 07/21/2014

I bought a copy of the New York Times on the subway to read.  I also read a little bit more of Dataclysm.  I am reading about how people are more likely to hire people who are attractive.  This is more true for women than men.

I checked the displays this morning.  I also picked out a few classics from the gift books to be added including The Odyssey and The Iliad by Homer.  I remember my father reading these to me.

I spent some time ordering new books this morning.  I also spent some time working with the oversize. I read a copy of Publishers Weekly and Booklist.  The July 13, 2014 New York Times Book Review has a number of reviews on children's books which is something that they do not review that much.

I checked out the book, House of Outrageous Fortune, Fifteen Central Park West the World's Most Powerful Address by Michael Gross.

On the way home, I read a little more of Dataclysm.  I learned that pizza is one of the most used words in the english language.  I also read a little bit of House of Outrageous Fortune.  15 Central Park West set the record for the most expensive condominium in New York with a sale price of $88 million for one of its condominiums.  It is the home of the global super wealthy.

Web Bits

New Yorker is Offering Free Digital Access to Entire Publication All Summer
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/the-new-yorker-is-offering-free-digital-access-to-entire-publication-all-summer_b88249

Bookplates: Business Cards of the Past?
http://blog.aaa.si.edu/2014/07/bookplates-business-cards-of-the-past.html

No comments: