Friday, August 1, 2014

Daily Thoughts 08/01/2014

Charles West Cope, Maiden Meditation, 1847
Daily Thoughts 08/01/2014

I checked the Mount Vernon Public Library Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I also checked the displays and gift books as well as put out some more flyers for events for the library.  I am working on setting up email training for the staff next week.  I also did a bit more work with the oversize books today.  I try and do a little bit each day.

I have to look at the Programming Librarian blog because there is going to be a programming meeting some time next week. I have to work on September and October's programming.

I placed the film Jodorowsky's Dune on hold which was an attempt to make the movie Dune which failed but helped establish a variety of science fiction artists careers.

On the way home, I read some of The Guest Cat by Takashi Hiraide. This is literary fiction.  It has the feeling of every day life mixed with some beautiful descriptions of gardens, simple activities, and the relations between cats and people.  This book has an excellent sense of space and setting. 


Web Bits


We Need Diverse Books Incorporates With First Advisory Board

Top 5 Emerging Trends In America’s Libraries

The Digital Life of Salman Rushdie

What’s Better than Kindle Unlimited for $120 a year?  This Free Alternative
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-31/what-s-better-than-kindle-unlimited-for-120-a-year-this-free-alternative.html

David Sedaris Has Trash Truck Named After Him
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/david-sedaris-has-trash-truck-named-after-him_b88678?utm_campaign=dailynewsletter20140801&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_content=title&utm_source=GalleyCat

No comments: