Saturday, August 2, 2014

Daily Thoughts 08/02/2014

A Reading Girl With A Cat, 1885, Fritz Von Uhde

Daily Thoughts 08/02/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I spent an hour watching a presentation on Difficult Patrons on Webjunction.  I also watched part of a video on digital photography on Lynda.com.

I finished reading The Guest Cat by Takashi Hiraide.  It is a beautiful book.  Part of it is about death and sorrow and the passing away of older things.  The guest cat, Chibi, passes away, so do the landlords for the property which the bohemian writer couple live in pass away.  The property itself where they live is also demolished for progress.  This gives the book a whistful feeling.  The book was a New York Times Bestseller.  A member of the Brown Bag Nonfiction Book Club recommended it to me to read.

Web Bits



100 Books to Reread

The Case for Making Libraries Full of Toys and Games

Libraries Will Always Be The Place to Be

No comments: