Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Daily Thoughts 08/19/2014

Flower-piece with Books, 1916, József Nemes Lampérth

Daily Thoughts 08/19/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.

The nonfiction book club meets today from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Trustees room.  We are discussing I Forgot to Remember A Memoir of Amnesia by Su Meck and Cod by Mark Kurlansky.

Our computer classes are very successful right now.  They are starting to overflow the lab.  It is something to think about.

I spent some extra time changing some of displays.  September is National Library Card Month and the featured spokesperson is Stan Lee.  Also, the focus on Banned Books Week from September 21 through 27 is graphic novels.  It should be interesting.

I have been working on job descriptions and staffing needs for my department.

Web Bits

How Graphic Are These Novels?

This September Get Your Whole Family A Library Card

No comments: