Sunday, September 14, 2014

Daily Thoughts 09/14/2014

Roses In Glass, Waldmuller, 1831

Daily Thoughts 09/14/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I have been reading a bit more of the Warmth of Other Suns.  Isabel Wilkerson is very good at characterization and describing people.  I like her descriptions of Ida Mae, Robert Foster, and George Starling.  The combination with the historical background makes an excellent piece of history.

I also read some more of The Organized Mind.  Daniel Levitin is describing how creating categories for things make them easier to remember.

I signed up for Lynda.com again.  I also took a one hour class on Merchandising from Webjunction called Merchandising that Works.

I am thinking about what I will say on Wednesday night to the board about my department.  The report appears to be in order.

Web Bits

Galleycat Exclusive: New York Times to Launch 12 New Monthly Bestseller Lists
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/galleycat-exclusive-new-york-times-to-launch-12-new-monthly-best-sellers-lists_b90232




No comments: