Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Daily Thoughts 09/16/2014


Rembrandt, The Parable of the Rich Fool, 1627

Daily Thoughts 09/16/2014

This morning, I read some more of The Warmth of Other Suns.  I am reading about the use of housing covenants designed to limit who can live in a community.  Housing covenants would legally designate which racial or ethnic group could live where. They were prevalent in the northern United States. They were often used to exclude African Americans.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the gift books and displays.  I spent a little time going through some of my older paperwork.

I am going to be working with the job information center books.

The book, The Human Age The World Shaped By Us by Diane Ackerman came in for me to read. I now have a pile of books on my desk which I have not begun to read.

I spent some time working on Bookletters for the website so we have lists of suggested current titles.  I did the CD Audiobook list and the DVD list, but will have to call the company again to get the e-book list process done for new books in Overdrive Advantage.

We got a nice new donation of gift books of popular titles.  Some of them will be added.

There are two computer classes tonight, a Beginning Microsoft Word class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and a Fundamentals of Computer Operations class from 6:35 p.m. to 7:35 p.m.

I am looking at The Kashmiri Shawl which is by Joanne Dobson who is a local author and teacher at the Hudson Valley Writers Center.  It is historical fiction.

Web Bits



After New Report, Councilman Calls for Unification of City Libraries
http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/city-hall/2014/09/8552585/after-new-report-councilman-calls-unification-city-libraries

No comments: