Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Daily Thoughts 09/17/2014

Vendor of Song Books, Vasily Perov, 1863-1864

Daily Thoughts 09/17/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

On the way to work, I finished reading  The Warmth of Other Suns The Epic Story of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson.  Isabel Wilkerson shows a very solid grasp of the material, has an interesting writing style, and catches peoples personalities quite well.  I enjoyed reading the book.  The book also has extensive notes, an index, and quotes at the beginning of each chapter.  I am looking forward to discussing it on September 23, 2014 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Trustees Room.

I checked the gift books, checked the displays, and looked over the program flyers.  My order of Career Examination Passbooks came in from National Learning Corporation.  They sent a catalog as part of the order.  We get regular requests for test books.

I also spent some time working with the Job Information Center books.  In addition, I took some time work on the survey and check on adult program flyers.

Tonight, I am doing a presentation on my department during the board of trustees meeting.  The poetry workshop is also tonight from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the community room  as well as a Beginning Powerpoint 2013 class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m..

Web Bits

Publishers Events During Banned Books Week
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/how-publishers-plan-to-celebrate-banned-books-week_b90422

No comments: