Thursday, October 2, 2014

Daily Thoughts 10/02/2014

Study of a Seated Cavalier Reading, France Circa 1870, Jean-Louis Ernest Meissonier 

Daily Thoughts 10/02/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

This morning, I finished reading Transcendental by James Gunn.  It was a fast paced science fiction story.  I liked how many of the aliens in the story got separate chapters to describe their place in the cosmos.  This was excellent.  Humans are new to a galactic civilization.  The theme of transcendence or becoming more than you are makes the story gripping.

I also am reading Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker.  It is different that what I usually read.  The novel is about manners, style, etiquette, social position, and of course dressmaking in the historical context of the civil war.  It is a polite novel set in a strife ridden era.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I am starting to take out the holiday books for display.  The music will come out later this month.

I also spent some time going through the Job Information Center.  I was looking through the resume books.

Web Bits


Pictures: A Century of Reading Around  the World

Delegation: A Must Have for Managers

United For Libraries to Coordinate National Friends of the Library Week October 19-25

No comments: