Thursday, October 16, 2014

Daily Thoughts 10/16/2014

Looking warm - the appearance of an urban widow of the Kansei era (1789-1801). No. 4 in the ukiyo-e print series Thirty-Two Aspects of Customs and Manners. Tsukioka Yoshitoshi, 1888
Daily Thoughts 10/16/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.


I started reading Terry Pratchett, A Slip of the Keyboard.  It is a set of essays many of them about the writing life.  So far, I have read about book signings, why he writes, wordprocessors, and science fiction conventions.


I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also did some shifting of the 900s.  I spent some time preparing for programs.  There is a reception tonight for the exhibit Art of Our Land in the Rotunda Gallery from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.




I am working with Webucator, http://webucator.com on getting free online classes for our library.  We are putting together a press release.


The book, The Accidental Library Marketer by Kathy Dempsey came in for me to read.  I sent out a few flyers to our mailing list.

I am working on a flyer for an online job search workshop series that would be done on Mondays in the computer lab.


Web Bits

The Economist Explains Why Books Come Out in Hardback Before Paperback
http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2014/10/economist-explains-15


Adapting America's Public Libraries for the Digital Age
http://www.govexec.com/state-local/2014/10/adapting-americas-public-libraries-digital-age/96500/

No comments: