Friday, October 24, 2014

Daily Thoughts 10/24/2014

Ohne Titel (Handstudie), vor 1872, Vintage-Albuminabzug. 9,7 x 13,8 cm, Josef Lowy

Daily Thoughts 10/24/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I finished reading Ancillary Justice.  There is an interview of Ann Leckie in the back of the book.  She describes how she took elements from Roman history.  I rather liked that in her dedication she names a number of libraries which she used as research.

I checked out a historical fiction novel, Gutenberg's Apprentice by Alix Christie.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I did some shifting this morning in the 900s.  We also had a management meeting.

A box of Advanced Reading Copies came in from Library Journal.  Two of them seem very interesting, Girl In the Dark A Memoir by Anna Lyndsey about a woman who becomes very light sensitive,  and Bad Days In History A Gleefully Grim Chronicle of Misfortune, Mayhem and Misery for Every Day of the Year by Michael Farquhar.

The November Book Page came in today.

I spent some time discussing green companies in Mount Vernon, New York.  There is a recent push for green construction training in the area.  http://sentineledu.com/?p=88

I started reading Gutenberg's Apprentice which is historical fiction.  It is about Peter Schoeffer who apprenticed under Gutenberg at the direction of his foster father, Johann Fust who financed Gutenberg's press.


Web Bits



Collection Directions: Some Reflections on the Future of Library Collections and Collecting

No comments: