Monday, November 3, 2014

Daily Thoughts 11/03/2014

August Macke, At the Garden Table, 1914
Daily Thoughts 11/03/2014

A person was transferred to my department this morning.  I showed her a bit about the public computers.  I also spent some time showing another person how to work with the Facebook and Twitter accounts for the library.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I placed Bathing the Lion by Jonathan Carroll on hold.

I also read some more of How Google Works.  I am reading about why Google exited China.  Some of it has to do with hacking.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  I also did some more shifting in the 900s.  Our order of bookends came in.  I have another person who I am managing in the morning.  My department is slowly growing.

I put in an order for new books today.  I spent some time reading the latest New York Times Book Review.

I spent some time working on the poetry workshop today.  There is going to be a public performance of the students work on November 19, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the community room.  I am also working on creating a chapbook for the workshop.

We have a job workshop in the computer lab tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

On the way home, I read some more of How Google Works. One of the odd things about Google is how they use the name of their company, people who work at Google are Googlers, if something is cool the employees say it is Googley, and if something has Google like qualities it has Googleyness.  I remember one of my friends saying that he was at convention and when Google employees saw something cool they said that is Googley. 

Web Bits

Libraries Embrace Tablets Over E-readers


No comments: