Monday, December 1, 2014

Daily Thoughts 12/01/2014


Daily Thoughts 12/01/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

On the way to work, I read some of Wherever You Go There You Are Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life by Jon Kabat-Zinn.  There are quite a few references to Thoreau and Walt Whitman in the book.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also spent some time working on the computer class schedule and planning for programming.  There has started to be some outreach for fundraising by the Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library and some requests for people to volunteer at the library.

I have a lot of review material to go through.  A copy of the New York Times Book Review, two copies of the Times Literary Supplement, a copy of the New York Review of Books and a copy of the Baker and Taylor Forecast.

I spent some time looking at material on Digital Media Labs.

Web Bits


Virtual library helps low income schools teach reading


No comments: