Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Daily Thoughts 12/09/2014

Domenico Remps, Cabinet of Curiosities, 1690s

Daily Thoughts 12/09/2014

I read a bit more of Hacker, Hoaxer, Whistleblower, Spy.  I am reading a little more about how Anonymous came out of message boards and hacker groups.  There is a prankster aspect to Anonymous.  The group started with a protest against scientology.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook this morning for the library.  I also checked the gifts and the displays.  I wrote my short monthly report.  I have to get the statistics done soon.

I am looking through the 100 Notable Books of 2014 list in the New York Times Book Review.

I am going to spend a little more time going over a list of missing and lost items with high circulation.

I spent some time checking on the computer lab and the public computers.  We have a Fundamentals of Computer Operations class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 6;30 p.m. and a Beginning Microsoft Word class from 6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.

Web Bits

Can Libraries Survive Disruptive Technologies
http://www.cilip.org.uk/cilip/blog/can-libraries-survive-disruptive-technologies

No comments: