Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Daily Thoughts 12/16/2014

Railway, Edouard Manet, 1873

Daily Thoughts 12/16/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

On the way to work, I read some more of  Hacker, Hoaxer, Whistleblower, Spy The Many Faces of Anonymous.  The book reveals that Anonymous is not a single group but rather a platform of common values and skills which many different small groups join to push forward a variety of direct actions usually involving hacking, trickery, and political dissent.  It is constantly shifting and amorphous with no central direction or even universally accepted goals. The inconsistency, the dark humor, the infighting make this book captivating reading.

We had a staff luncheon for the holidays this afternoon.  I did my book club, with the book Unbroken by Lauen Hillenbrand.  I am going to request Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow by Sophia Loren as our next book club book.  We also discussed a little bit about the book Alan Turing the Enigma by Andrew Hodges.

I made a few changes to Bookletters and a read a copy of Publishers Weekly.  I also did a little work on next weeks order of new books.

Web Bits


Capital Home to Oversized Atlas

Vital Community Hubs, Libraries Toil Underfunded


No comments: