Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Daily Thoughts 01/14/2015


Daily Thoughts 01/14/2015

On the way to work I read some more of Tesla A Portrait With Masks.  I like the descriptions of Tesla talking to Swami Vivekananda which are very philosophical.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the displays.  I spent some time going through Ingram looking at costs for books.   I also spent some time talking with a colleague about statistics for Overdrive Advantage.

I am looking at some of the Gale ebook packages as well as Safari Books Online which is handled by Proquest.

There is going to be a Crochet Class in February and March on Tuesdays from 2-3 p.m. in the Fiction room.  Also, we are having the Women's Enterprise Development Center do  First Steps for Entrepreneurs workshops on February 10 and February 11 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.

I am going to the Metro conference tomorrow.

I read the latest copy of Booklist.

Web Bits

Inside the Harwood Institutes Innovative Lab for Libraries
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2015/01/shows-events/inside-the-harwood-institutes-innovators-lab-for-libraries/

No comments: