Thursday, February 19, 2015

Daily Thoughts 02/19/2015

Woman Seated by An Easel, Georges Seurat, 1884-1888

Daily Thoughts 02/19/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I finished reading Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear.  The story really picks up towards the end.  It brings in the classic steampunk technologies of mesmerizing machines, submarines with rams, and airships.  There is even one scene with a steampunk circus which was fun to read about.  There is also a very diverse cast of characters which makes for a good story.

I was at work today.  I checked the gift books and the displays.  There is a new art exhibit for African American art in the rotunda called Liberation: A Celebration of Black History Month.

I also spent some time doing orders for next week.  I checked on a few programs that happened while I was out.  The crochet program went well.

There was a program on the Ipad and Ipod today in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. today.  We also showed the film, Prince Among Slaves for Black History Month tonight.  The film, Hidden Colors Parts 1 and 2 will be shown on Saturday between 12:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.

We are working on the computer class schedule for March and April.

I also have to work on creating some committees to write a new Collection Development Policy and work on the website.

The book, Waking, Dreaming, Being Self and Consciousness In Neuroscience, Meditation, and Philosophy by Evan Thompson came in for me to read.  I am also looking at the book 'Til Greencard Do Us Part by Seymour Horatio who is a local author.

Web Bits



New Dr. Seuss Picture Book Manuscript Found

Elon Musk Is Getting $3.5 Million to Write A Book About Earth and Mars

No comments: