Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dialy Thoughts 02/11/2015


Daily Thoughts 02/11/2015

On the way to work, I read some more of The End of Power.  Naim Moses describes four parts to power, muscle, code, pitch, and reward.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  We have an early staff meeting this morning.  We discussed the process with the lost and found as well as different aspects of customer service among other things.

I have a few books to order this morning.  I spent some time reading through the March Ingram Advance, a copy of the New York Times Book Review, and the Times Literary Supplement.

I also sent some information over to the graphic artist who does our flyers.  We are trying to get a consistent style and look for our programming.

I ordered the database, the African American Experience: The American Mosaic from ABC Clio today.  I also ordered a set of e-books focused on jobs and careers from Gayle.  These should be useful to our community. I also contacted Alexander Press about their American Song streaming music service and their streaming film databases.

Web Bits


Government Closes Hundreds of Libraries As Numbers of Visitors Fall by the Millions
In the United Kingdom


No comments: