Sunday, May 3, 2015

Daily Thoughts 05/03/2015

Still Life  - Jean Metzinger
Still Life, Jean Metzinger, 1919

Daily Thoughts 05/03/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also did a little bit with Booksite this morning.

I read some more of  the science fiction novel, The Three Body Problem.  I am finding some pieces of it intriguing.  There is a story of a secret Chinese base called Red Coast Base.  At first it is described as a base designed to destroy enemy satellites, then it is revealed to be a secret way to look for aliens.  The story of the base is also a story of the development of technology from early 16 bit computers to minicomputers.

I read a bit more of Americanah this morning.  I read the acknowledgments at the end of the book and the summaries of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's two other books Half A Yellow Sun and The Thing Around Your Neck.

Web Bits


BEA 2015 Something for Everyone

No comments: