Thursday, May 21, 2015

Daily Thoughts 05/21/2015



Sunday Morning in Virginia, Winslow Homer, 1877

Daily Thoughts 05/21/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the library displays and the gift books.  I looked through the book Americanah: A Novel by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie in preparation for the book club between 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. today.


I am going through the psychology books right now.  I read the June copy of Bookpage today.

On the way home, I read some more of Elon Musk.  I read about Elon Musk's start with ZIP2 which was a directory listing company with maps and his work with internet banking which led to his fortune from selling Paypal to Ebay.   It is story of incredible drive, willingness to work very long hours, and a strong ego.

 Right now, I am reading about Elon Musk's interest in the Mars Society. http://www.marssociety.org/  which was the impetus for founding Space X.  This is a more recent article from Space.com, Huge Mars Colony Eyed by SpaceX Founder Elon Musk. http://www.space.com/18596-mars-colony-spacex-elon-musk.html


Web Bits


So You Want to Be A Library Director

Bill Gates Shares Summer Reading List

No comments: