Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Daily Thoughts 05/26/2015

Artist: Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot, French, 1796-1875, Reading Beneath The Trees, La Lecture Sous Les Arbres , 1874

Daily Thoughts 05/26/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I did some preparation work for Book Expo America.  I went to my local library and printed out my exhibitor list.  There is a BEA Show Planner which you can log into to generate a list of booths to visit.

I also bought a new shoulder bag.  A big Manhattan Portage bag.  In addition, I went and got some comfortable shoes.   You do a lot of walking while you are on the exhibitor floor.  Having a big sturdy bag and comfortable shoes is very useful at Book Expo America. 

I stopped by my local library today in Queens.  The plastic bags with the Queens Library logo on them are free.  I also picked up a donation envelope.

I am reading Judge Dredd Year One on Overdrive.  It is a novelization of the comic book which is hard boiled, futuristic, and full of very dark humor.

Web Bits

Book Regrows Into Tree After Being Read
http://www.psfk.com/2015/05/book-that-grow-into-trees-pequeno-editor.html
Tree...


Don't Write Off Paper Just Yet


Libraries Could Outlast the Internet, Head of British Libraries Says


Ride Along on a Four Mile Long Roller Coaster for books

No comments: