Friday, July 10, 2015

Daily Thoughts 07/10/2015

Louise Tiffany, Reading  - Louis Comfort Tiffany
Louise Tiffany Reading, Louis Comfort Tiffany, 1888

Daily Thoughts 07/10/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Dead Wake.  I liked the descriptions of how the passengers enjoyed smoking tobacco, gambling, drinking, and eating on the Lusitania.

I also read some more of Guerrilla Marketing for Nonprofits.  I am reading about how to reach out to journalists and reporters.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also spent some time working on the 700s.

There is a librarian visiting the local history room today at 3:00 p.m.

We have Hoopla and Indieflix shown on the front page of our website.  Indieflix is interesting because it has a lot of very short films. https://www.rbdigital.com/wlsny/service/indieflix

We have a sign up sheet now for Focus Groups at the Mount Vernon Public Library which will happen on August 23rd and August 24th.  We are working on getting feedback from the community as part of our long range plan.

On the way home, I read some more of Guerrilla Marketing for Nonprofits.  I am reading about branding for nonprofits.  Part of this is creating an emotional attachment to an organization.


Web Bits


Five Artists, Five Book Reviews
It is art, what else can I say.

Beauty and Truth, Fountains at the New York Public Library Flow Again
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/10/nyregion/beauty-and-truth-rejoin-patience-and-fortitude-at-new-york-public-library.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

No comments: