Thursday, July 23, 2015

Daily Thoughts 07/23/2015

Book shelf with music writings - Giuseppe Maria Crespi
Bookshelf With Music Writings, Giuseppi Maria Crespi, 1730

Daily Thoughts 07/23/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I came in early to help with a focus group for adults with children at 11:00 a.m..  This was a process to help with the long term plan which included a library survey.

Then I had the book club for Dead Wake by Erik Larson.  It went well.  The next book which we are reading for the book club is In Montmartre, Picasso, Matisse, and Modernism in Paris 1900-1910 by Sue Roe on August 27, 2015 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m..  It should be an interesting book.  I am also planning to read Superior Spiderman for our graphic novels club next month on August 25, 2015 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

There was a second focus group for staff from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

I started reading the August 2015 Forecast.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time looking at the 700s as well.

I had a meeting with a community group to discuss a future program in the trustees room in the evening.

Two books came in for me to read.  They are professional material, Crash Course in Marketing for Libraries by Susan W. Alman and Sara Gillespie Swanson and Marketing Research for Non-Profit Community and Creative Organizations by Bonita Kalb.

I read some more of Future Crimes on the way home.  I am reading about how criminals can alter data.  For example, it is possible to jam GPS signals and spoof where cars or ships are located.



Web Bits


The Enterprise Behind Dr. Seuss
 Dr. Seuss is fantastic.

IBM's Watson Can Analyze Your Writing for Emotion

No comments: