Saturday, August 22, 2015

Thoughts 08/22/2015

File:Bartolomeo Passarotti - Portrait of a scribe.jpg
Bartolomeo Passarotti, Portrait of a Scribe, 16th Century

Thoughts 08/22/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Proxima yesterday which was very interesting.   I rather like the surprise twist with the ending.  There is a sequel coming out called Ultima which I saw in Barnes and Noble.

I also started reading The Land of the Silver Apples which is a young adult fantasy novel by Nancy Farmer.  The main character, Jack is a young bard in training.  I rather like the medieval feel and setting.  There is a lot of lore and legend in the story about fairies and monasteries as well as some interesting poetry to read so far.

Web Bits


Who says libraries are dying?  They are evolving into space for innovation

Planning Your LIbrary Vote by Libby Post

In SOMA, a hidden research library reflects its founders


 

No comments: